- A Brief History of Active Adult Communities in America
- Age shouldn’t limit how you live your life.
- A new generation of active adult living has arrived.
- 3.5 million Americans turn 55 each year
- 80 Million Americans will be over the age of 65 by 2050.
- The first active adult community was formed in Youngtown, Arizona and opened in 1954. It’s founder was “Big Ben” Schleifer.
- Popular destinations for active adult communities now include: Florida, Arizona, North Carolina, Texas and California.
Active adult communities offer a solution if you want to maintain an independent lifestyle. You won’t need to worry about strenuous physical chores like lawn care. Gated entrances ensure the community stays safe and secure at all times. You can enjoy a hassle-free lifestyle with on-site amenities like gyms, clubhouses, and restaurants.