This infographic is a beginner’s guide that provides information on how to go about being accessible and staying compliant with digital accessibility regulations.
It starts by simply explaining web accessibility, then details the international standard for making web content accessible to people with disabilities- the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) Level AA. It also highlights different country-specific digital accessibility laws that may affect your organization due to where it operates. Finally, it provides a summary of the process you to need to take for you accessibility compliance:
- Determine the issues plaguing your site (you can get a free scan for common accessibility issues to get a better idea)
- Come up with a digital accessibility plan
- Get your site audited by accessibility experts (a combination of software with manual reviews by professionals)
- Get comprehensive audit reports (problems and recommendations on how to fix each issue)
- Get your IT/development team to make the necessary changes
- Get official certification as being compliant to the standard
- Integrate digital accessibility integration in your organization (come up with policies that account for digital accessibility moving forward).
Infographic Source: https://www.whoisaccessible.com/guidelines/accessibility-compliance/