Moving to a new place is hard work. It takes a lot of planning and a lot of doing. We know it all too well. We’ve thought long and hard about how to make your move as ‘easy’ as possible – and as a result we’ve asked some experts’ for advice and come up with 10 tips for moving home. We’ve had a good ask around to all the people we consider to be industry experts and they’ve shared their best tips for what to remember when you move home. Here’s a quick overview:
- Set a budget,
- You’ll probably need more boxes than you think,
- Think about transports and if you need a van – make sure to book well in advance,
- Label your boxes, so you don’t have to unpack all things immediately,
- Have an easy access box with the necessities,
- Arrange storage so you can take your time and unpack with an empty house,
- Remember to either move or arrange for TV, Wifi and landline to be set up,
- Change your address,
- Don’t forget to take your meter reading,
- Enjoy your new home. Cheers!
Wish you could print the brilliant tips and put them on your fridge?
We’ve made an infographic for you to take away.