Moving to a new place is hard work. It takes a lot of planning and a lot of doing. We know it all too well. We’ve thought long and hard about how to make your move as ‘easy’ as possible – and as a result we’ve asked some experts’ for advice and come up with 10 tips for moving home. We’ve had a good ask around to all the people we consider to be industry experts and they’ve shared their best tips for what to remember when you move home. Here’s a quick overview:
- Set a budget,
- You’ll probably need more boxes than you think,
- Think about transports and if you need a van – make sure to book well in advance,
- Label your boxes, so you don’t have to unpack all things immediately,
- Have an easy access box with the necessities,
- Arrange storage so you can take your time and unpack with an empty house,
- Remember to either move or arrange for TV, Wifi and landline to be set up,
- Change your address,
- Don’t forget to take your meter reading,
- Enjoy your new home. Cheers!
Wish you could print the brilliant tips and put them on your fridge?
We’ve made an infographic for you to take away.
Wonderful tips that cover almost all of the things that you should consider before moving out. And yes – you should prepare more boxes that you think you need.