Allergic to Poison Ivy and Oak?

Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, and Poison Sumac are all poisonous plants that live in most parts of North America. The urushiol oil that these plants contain can be a nuisance if infected. Simply by touching the plant or by coming into contact with an object that has urushiol on it, can cause redness, itching, and even blistering. These allergic reactions normally take around 24 to 48 hours to appear but can be remedied by an over-the-counter hydrocortisone or calamine lotion.
The best protection? Avoid these plants if possible. These plants have visual characteristics that can make them stand out from other non-poisonous plants. By recognizing these characteristics, it may keep you from having an annoying itch-fest.
Keep these tips from the infographic below in mind next time you find yourself around some unfamiliar vines or plants–or if you are unfortunate enough to get caught in an itchy mess.
Poison-Ivy
Infographic Source: https://www.yourgreenpal.com/poisonivy.png

Liked it?

0

Rate and Share it!

Please feel free to share this infographic in your blogs, websites and social media.

SAVE AND SHARE THIS INFOGRAPHIC
User Rating: Be the first one !

Check Also

Drug-Use-Among-Athletes

Drugs in Sport: Statistics, Side Effects, Prevention

Competition in sports can be fierce, and some athletes resort to banned methods in order …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.