Web accessibility is all about ensuring people with disabilities have equal access to the web. Providing disabled access to your web content is essential as it benefits the organization such as:
- Helps capture persons with disabilities and improve brand image: 15% of world population suffer from disability.
- Stay within legal and technical requirements: WCAG 2.0/2.1, ADA, EN 301 549
- SEO benefits: unique page titles, descriptive link text and alternative images will enhance search engine optimization.
- Because providing an accessible web is the right thing to do: disabled access and user-centered design fits justly within corporate social responsibility.
- Capture aging population and their relations: 20% of the American population is 56 years and above.
Supporting website for WCAG and ADA compliance
- Confirm all content are accessible and meets WCAG 2.0 AA standard
- Train staff on WCAG 2.0 AA best practices
- Run regular site scan to discover accessibility issues.
Infographic Source: https://www.whoisaccessible.com/guidelines/disabled-access-and-all-access-why-make-your-website-accessible/