Patients living with chronic disease, pain, injury and the challenges of aging can benefit from the treatments available through rehabilitation physiotherapy.
Many Canadians are living with health challenges including:
- 50 percent have at least one chronic health problem
- Most have at least one risk factor for heart disease
- One fourth are affected with lung-related disease
- 4 out of 5 suffer from lower back pain
- Each year 11 million musculoskeletal disorders are reported
- 50K strokes occur each year
Physiotherapists can assist with many health issues using different techniques such as:
- Palliative Care
- Sports Rehab
- Cardio-respiratory Physiotherapy
- Geriatrics and Pediatrics
There are new treatments being introduced every year from Rehab Robotics to Water-Based Therapy and Gamified Rehab to Light Therapy. There are also new Applications and Wearables available to educate patients and monitor progress.
When looking for a physiotherapy clinic consider the following to make it easier to follow your treatment plan:
- Convenient hours
- Private treatment rooms
- Registered physiotherapists
- Ethical billing
Your first appointment will be about an hour to review your condition and provide a treatment plan. The amount of appointments required for your treatment will vary based on the recommendations of your physiotherapist. This infographic looks at Canadian health statistics and information on rehabilitation physiotherapy treatments.
Infographic Source: https://www.physionow.ca/advanced-techniques-for-physiotherapy-rehabilitation-2019/