It has been quite a great deal to ask your teens to have healthy snacks for a change and in place of the oily junk foods they keep on popping inside their mouths. They are not into trying out fruits and veggies, as those are “tasteless” according to them. They don’t care about the nutritional facts as it is mostly about the taste they are concerned. Being a parent, it is your duty to take your kids out in the market with you and let them realize the importance of these food items. If they are still not satisfied, then you can always try to create some great food mixes for them to try out now. You can come to learn more about those snacks and even get some packages straight from varietyfun.com right now.
Get them involved now:
You can always let your teens get involved in this grocery shopping field. You can let them decide and choose between the available healthy snacks options only. On any Sunday evening, ask them to just prepare snacks right for the week. If you want, you can further try to create healthy snacks Pinterest board or even bookmarks folder, where the whole family can contribute. You can let the teens choose among options right on board or in folder, when it is time to just shop and prepare for snacks.
Banish the junk food items:
Being a busy parent, it is always impossible to make healthy snacks at home and on a daily basis. Most of the time, you might offer them with store bought snacks. So, make sure to choose the healthiest options over there to try out.
- Whenever your teenagers are hungry, the easy options for you to get are the chips, candies and even soft drinks. If these are available in the house, they will get it all and eat them. But, you might try to prevent them the most.
- You cannot stop them from having these junk foods at schools, movies or when they are with their friends. But, in home, you can be in total control. So, avoid buying all these junk foods on the first place and fill your pantry with the healthier options.
- This way, when the teens are hungry, then have no other option other than heading for these snacks. Always choose the tasty versions of these healthy snacks. So, whenever they are going to munch on it, they will like the taste and might keep asking for these options rather than chips and soft drinks. That’s exactly what you want!
Avoid going for the power bars:
These portable and convenient power snacks are mostly packed up well with far and sugar, and that’s the last thing you want the kids to have. Most of them might have added nutrients and vitamins, but the current amount of artificial coloring and chemicals can outweigh the benefits in no time.
- So, as an alternative feature, log online and check out the recipes of making power bars at your home buying the safest and natural ingredients only.
- Make these bars in lump sum amount and store them for later use. This way your kids can have the power bars minus the chemicals and artificial coloring.
If you want, you can further try out the trail mix bar for a change, as the healthy alternative to the power bars as available in the market these days. These trail mixes are every bit convenient as the current power bar, but can always offer good variety of the nuts, whole grains and fruits over here. If you want, you can pick up the individual trial mix too, which are packets with similar ingredients. If you want and have enough time then you can create one of your own.
Have to pick up some of the individual yogurts:
It is true that Greek yogurts are known to be a bundle of protein, but they are rich in fat as well. It is always necessary to make yogurt a part of their daily eating routine. So, making this Greek yogurt a daily part might not be a suitable option over here. Yogurt has so many benefits that you have to add it in the list.
As a great alternative, you can always opt for the low fat yogurt options available right in the market, just for you. It will just take little bit of research from your sides and get the require results in no time.
Other options for you:
If you think that the healthy snacks options are all stated then think twice. There are so much more available in the market just for you. So, buckle up your seat belts and start looking for the other options in town.
- If you want, you can easily grab some of your mixed nuts. You can get these nuts in salted and in unsalted options. You can further get it individually wrapped or available in bulk options. However, you have to be very sure of the portion control, as nuts are often stated to be high in calories.
- You can further stock up on the multigrain crackers and some pita chips if you want to. These are perfect options for the teens who are looking for chips and dip. These pita chips and nutritional dips will always work with more nutritional values than ever, especially when compared to potato chips. Hummus can be one best example of the dip in this regard.
- You can further check out for the 100 calorie packs. These packs are available in so any variations like from sweet treats to some nuts, and even crackers. Some might offer lesser nutritional values than others and they are all portable and well limited in calories.
These are few of the many alternatives under healthy snack version you can get from the stores. You can purchase the items from retail outlets or just order for the same from online sessions. They are always down to help.