Technological changes will create a direct impact on all organizations. It leads to a connected need where technology must get blended with managerial, diplomatic, social, and soft skills for a new decision-making process. This process will be entirely different from the existing organizational structures.
As a forward-thinking organization, it is critical to get accustomed to the changing environment to gain an upper hand in the market competition. This includes diverse and improved products or services, regulations, relationships with employees, and customers. To put together, there arises a need for novel types of technical and soft skills.
The organization(s) looks for potential candidates either from in-house who are enthusiastic to upgrade themselves, or fresh new candidates who got acquainted with these crucial skills. According to the World Economic Forum, closing the global skill gap could add $11.5 trillion to global GDP by 2028.
As a professional, your objective may be to work for a bigger project, close the skill gap by registering yourself for professional certification, and gain successful entry into the forward-thinking organization.
This Credforce’ s new infographic on ‘Top 10 Skills to Learn in 2020’ throws light on the crucial skills -hard and soft, essential for a professional to sustain and thrive in the market.
Acquiring or honing of the following skills would enable you to do so.
Top skills to acquire in 2020 to become a successful professional
The skills for the future business model innovation, culture, and process have been categorized as hard and soft skills. Let us delve into each of them here.
Top 5 soft skills companies need the most in 2020
Soft skills are the interpersonal skills that help to work with others and get things done in the job or look for new opportunities. The top 5 soft skills include creativity, collaboration, persuasion, adaptability, and, emotional intelligence.
- Creativity: This mental agility is valuable to an organization today as it brings fresh solutions to problems. It helps the team to become more productive.
- Collaboration: It is a multifaceted skill that helps for crystal clear communication, problem-solving efficiency, empathy, team building, and accountability.
- Persuasion: It is an innate behavioral skill. It helps you to develop your innate skills to persuade others in achieving a goal for business or common benefit.
- Adaptability: It helps you to manage unforeseen situations without clear instructions. It pushes you forward in an unknown situation.
- Emotional Intelligence: It helps you to understand and manage your emotions in a positive manner. It relieves stress, overcomes challenges and resolves the conflict.
Top 5 hard skills companies need the most in 2020
Hard skills include the expertise necessary for performing a job successfully. The top 5 hard skills include blockchain, cloud computing, analytical reasoning, artificial intelligence, and, UX design.
- Blockchain: Learning blockchain enables you to store and transact your organization’s digital assets securely and efficiently.
- Cloud computing: It is important to learn cloud computing skills to sustain in the cloud environment as organizations move toward cloud adoption.
- Analytical reasoning: It enables you to take account of all the elements in any situation and determine their relation to arriving at strong conclusions.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): This is a field with an assured future of growth. Most of the organizations use AI in one or the other form to save time for more creativity, innovative products or services.
- UX Design:It enables you to build user-centric products and experiences by considering empathy.
This insight into companies’ demands might help you to develop the critical soft- and hard skills to improve your career and contribute to the organization. Taking up an online education program or professional certification helps you to do so.