Father daughter wedding dance song is one of the most meaningful and memorable moments of your wedding reception. So of course you want to choose a song to fit the occasion. But with so many songs to choose from, how to do you decide?
You will want to first chose the genre of your choice. You can choose country, pop, R&B or one of the tried and true tradition father daughter dance songs. Then you should listen to some of our father daughter wedding dance song ideas from our selections in this article.
It is important to chose a song that sums up the relationship between you and your father. If your father is not currently in your life, you can opt to share the father daughter dance song with another male relative or a close friend. The main idea is to share this special dance with a male figure who has been an important part of your life.
Check out our list of some of the most popular father daughter wedding dance songs. We have also included a helpful infographic of the current most played father daughter dance songs for your selection.
Popular and Special Father Daughter Dance Song Ideas
Tried and True/Traditional Father Daughter Dance Songs
If you are the sentimental type, you might want to stick with one of these traditional father daughter wedding dance songs. From Frank Sinatra to Stevie Wonder to Billy Joel, there are plenty of sentimental and even sappy songs to choose from! We can guarantee that if you choose one of these tried and true songs for your father daughter dance, there will not be a dry eye in the house!
- Bette Midler: Wind Beneath My Wings
- Anne Murray: Can I Have This Dance
- Alison Krauss: When You Say Nothing At All
- BobCarlisle: ButterflyKisses
- Paul Simon: Father and Daughter
- Stevie Wonder: Isn’t She Lovely
- Kenny Rogers: Through the Years
- Billy Joel: Lullabye (Goodnight My Angel)
- Stevie Wonder: Sunshine Of My LIfe
- Tony Ransom & The Heavenly Light Orchestra: When Angels Fly
Modern and Pop Father Daughter Wedding Dance Songs
Of course, if one of the above songs does not appeal to you, you can choose a modern song such as one of these recent pop hits. If you want to bring a modern flair to your reception, you can’t do wrong with one of these Top 40 Pop Songs!
- Beyonce: Daddy
- Meghan Trainor: Dance Like Yo Daddy
- JohnMayer: Daughters
- Bruno Mars: Count On Me
- Mariah Carey: Hero
- Ben Folds: Gracie
- Briaina Hayes: Through The Eyes of My Father
- JoshGroban: Awake
- Taylor Swift: The Best Day
- Norah Jones: Those Sweet Words
R&B Father Daughter Wedding Dance Songs
R&B music is so inspiring and emotional There are plenty of great R&B songs to choose from, both current and older. We are sure that one of these popular R&B songs will sum up your relationship with your father/father figure.
- Leona Lewis: Footprints In The Sand
- Luther Vandross: Dance With My Father
- TheManhattans: ShiningStar
- Marvin Gaye: Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
- The Stylistics: You’re A Big Girl Now
- Jackson 5: I’llBe There
- Whitney Houston: I WIll Always Love You
- Brian McKnight: Love of My Life
Country Father Daughter Dance Songs
Are you a fan of country music? No worries, country songs are known to be sappy and full of meaning! Here is a selection of some of the most popular father daughter dance country tunes to get your toes a tappin’!
- TimMcGraw: MyBest Friend
- Faith Hill: There You’ll Be
- Martina McBride: In My Daughter’s Eyes
- RascalFlatts: MyWish
- Holly Dunn: Daddy’s Hands
- Steven Curtis Chapman: Cinderella
- Lee Ann Womack: I Hope You Dance
- Krystal Keith: Daddy Dance With Me
Rock and Roll Father Daughter Dance Songs
Perhaps you are a rocker chic at heart. You are your father’s daughter and you inherited his love of good ole rock and roll. Have no fear, there are plenty of rock and roll classic that will make the perfect song for your special father daughter dance.
- FleetwoodMac: Landslide
- The Beatles: When I’m Sixty-Four
- SherylCrow: SweetChildO’Mine
- Bruce Springsteen: When You Need Me
- Queen: You’reMyBest Friend
- Van Morrison: Brown Eyed Girl
- Simon and Garfunkel: Father and Daughter
- Tom Petty: Here Comes My Girl
Father Daughter Wedding Dance Song Playlist Example (Infographic)
Still stumped? We’re here to help! Here is an infographic with some of the most popular father wedding dance songs to date! You can’t go wrong with one of these special songs! Remember to take into consideration your personal relationship with your father (or father figure)
Are you a daddy’s girl?
Can you do no wrong in his eyes?
Is your father your role model? Your hero?
Do you share a special bond?
We are certain that you will be able to use one of these songs for your special dance!
Infographic Source: http://www.weddingforward.com/father-daughter-wedding-dance-song-ideas/